Trestle Gallery Open Call: Group Exhibition curated by The Rib
Application deadline: October 20th, 2019, 11:59pm
Emerging and mid-career artists are invited to submit their work for consideration in our January 2020 exhibition organized by our Guest Curators: Leah Triplett Harrington, Lindsey Stapleton, and Corey Oberlander of The Rib!
The Rib is an online art publication decentralizing criticism and coverage of contemporary art. Launched in the fall of 2017, The Rib publishes commentary and criticism in the form of reviews, editorials, interviews, and essays that connects artists, spaces, curators, and advocates working outside of major arts communities in the United States.
Leah Triplett Harrington is the founding editor of The Rib. She is currently Assistant Curator for Now + There, a Boston non-profit for public art. Her writing has most recently appeared in The Rib as well as Flash Art, Hyperallergic, and The Brooklyn Rail. In 2017, she was a finalist for the Rabkin Prize for Arts Journalism. Leah has lectured at Boston University, Montserrat College of Art, Stonehill College, Tufts University Art Gallery, and the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Lindsey Stapleton is the co-founder and director of GRIN, a recently closed contemporary gallery located in Rhode Island. Now based in Atlanta, she is an independent curator and the Creatiive Director of The Rib.
Corey Oberlander is the co-founder and director of GRIN, a recently closed contemporary gallery located in Rhode Island. Now based in Atlanta, he works as Collection Manager for a Private Art Collection.
Installation Dates: January 13-15th 2020 | Opening Reception: Friday, January 17, 7-9pm
- 2D and 3D artworks of all media are accepted for consideration.
- You may submit up to 3 works for consideration
- Images must be in .JPG or .JPEG format, 1000 pixels on longest side, titled: LastnameFirstname_Title.jpg
- Media can be submitted in .MOV, .MPG4, or .GIF format, titled: Lastname_Firstname_Title.mpg4
- CV, Statement, and Bio must be submitted in PDF form, titled: LastnameFirstName_CV.pdf; LastnameFirstName_Statement.pdf; LastnameFirstName_Bio.pdf;
- Trestle splits all sales 70/30, with 70% going to the artist.
- National and international artists are welcome to apply. As a non-profit we don't have a shipping budget, so should an artist be selected they will have to cover the cost of shipping to and from the gallery.
- Although submission fees are low, and only used to help offset the costs of the exhibition and Submittable platform, Trestle accepts requests for fee waivers in advance of submission for those who cannot afford to pay. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.